above: the Central Post Office, designed by W. H. Clayton with construction supervised by P. F. M. Burrrows, the builder was Daniel Reese. It opened on 14 July 1879.
above - partly seen in the foreground is the 1898 Dalgety's building designed by R. W. England, built at a cost of £31,650, demolished on 17 July 1970 to make way for a twelve-storey building.
above and below - the architect for this building was F. W. Petrie chiefly known for his religious buildings, the AMP building was one of his few commercial designs. The design is in classical Renaissance palazzo style.